Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Närcon Vinter 2016 Cosplay Plans!

Hello again~
My second post will be about my Närcon plans! I'm REALLY hyped for this con, as it my first "abroad" con (Finland and Sweden are literally connected so it's not so far away lol). But overall it will be about 1300 km to Linköping from Rovaniemi by car! How am i going to survive? By playing MonHun of course! And sleeping, because there will always be the day before con rush and sleepless nights...
All thanks to our carpool group it's possible for me to go to Närcon, otherwise i'd never go to southern Sweden alone, since ikea gives me a bad headache as is, haha (I can read and understand Swedish but my speaking skills are so horrible that no one would understand me *sobs*).

Now for the best part, my cosplays! I've had a really hard time deciding what cosplays ill do at Närcon and these are my current plans (which might change but i'm pretty sure that they won't);

First off, Umi Sonoda christmas v2/choir version from Love Live
Look at that smile! That angelic and fluffy outfit!  This is my aesthetic...
Actually, i was going to cosplay Kotori's version of this outfit, but Umi's version just won my heart. There's just that thing i love about fluffy and white outfits, i'm not even sure about what makes me so attracted to this set! Eli's outfit has a lovely collar, which makes me kinda sad that Umi has a bare throat (that would never be acceptable if they would wear these outfits in winter!) So now i'm planning on using a very simple white turtleneck shirt under this dress, since there's no way id go bare necked outside in winter (i can hear you crying, elitists).
The angel wings are super cute too, and overall this costume is going to be so adorable!
But now for the cruel truth...
I actually bought this costume from eBay, since i found one that wasn't too expensive. The materials would have cost me too much and the hems would be very hard to make, not to mention the snowflakes. (You can stop crying now).

Now that all of you have lost faith in my cosplay making skills, moving on...

The most badass servant ever

Alter Saber! I surely mentioned in my last post that i love Sabers, right?
Since i played Fate/Unlimited codes i've been wanting to make her armored version. I did a very, very failed attempt on cosplaying Arthur's armor version 2 years ago, and boy, was it horrible. Now that i have gained much more experience and knowledge about making decent cosplay armors, i might just pull this off. The only real problem is that i might not be able to get Worbla for this in time for the con, but if that happens, then ill just cosplay Alter Saber's casual version! (Don't worry, i don't mean those closet cosplays or anything).
I'd like to make Excalibur Morgan too, but my primary goal is to make the armor first, then the sword if i have time. It would be kinda lame to cosplay her in her battle armor without a sword, but it can't be helped if i can't make the sword in time, since my worbla resources would be limited (worbla is expensive for a student budget!).
Nero and Arthur are on my cosplay list as well, and i might someday consider making Lily Saber too.
I want to make every Saber possible hnnnnghh 。゚( ゚^∀^゚)゚。




Next on the list is a extempore cosplay i just decided i'd make!


Luka Megurine's version of Senbonzakura! I've wanted to make a Luka cosplay for a while now and this design is really cute, and it's not too hard to sew! The only "hard" things would be the leaf patterns but those will be pretty easy too, as they aren't very elaborate. Maybe the worst part is the shoes, but ill find a way to make those (all the cosplay shoes are too expensive imo).

Ahh, i just want to order the wig already and go to a fabric store to hunt some nice fabrics for this!

Lastly, my reserve cosplays are Kotori Minami's school uniform version, or Alter Saber's casual version.
Kotori's uniform was a xmas gift from my boyfriend, and Alter's casual dress is a few years old cosplay i bought, too. (Shameful, i know. But i didn't know how to sew back then so i ordered it).

I'm really excited, and at the same time reaaally nervous about my cosplays and this trip. Will everything go as planned?
  ヽ(  ̄д ̄)ノ

There's only one way to make this contrip a cosplay success, and it's to start making the cosplays asap! Ill post about my fabric hunts and other stuff, but i gotta end this here because it's almost 4am in Finland! See, cosplay destroys my sleep once again...



2 comments:

  1. Ahahha awesome cosplay line-up is awesome! 8) I'm really looking forward to see you as Saber! She's so bad-ass! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously stoked about going to Närcon with our group of five, it's gonna be awesome! 8D

    Here I was expecting that you'd still do one of those Monster Hunter Palico armors but seemingly not! :'D Not like it's a problem, probably actually a good idea because these that you choose instead should be a bit easier to finish on time, krrhm.
    I also want to mention that Alter Saber looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete